A quick page full of links I found when I was having a party to celebrate the end of the world (it didn’t) and had trouble finding a decent jumpstation.
The links are dying fast. You work ’em out
[edit : between 1996 and 2013, 14 of the 17 links below have died – most of the domain names have even changed names. i guess if those people thought the world was going to end there would be no reason to think the internet would keep going. links maintained for historical interest]
I’m pretty sure the next time the world has a good chance of ending is 5/5/2000. So keep the sixth free for meeting your maker.
Of course, it could be October 26 this year (the 6000th anniversary of the creation of the world, according to James Lightfoot), or August 11 1999, according to the excellent people at spiritweb, a repositary of all things spiritual. Sad, though, that they’ve been looking forward to 1994 for so long.
- First, a mirror of the much-publicised heavenly gate site, in case you wanted to know about those people who killed themselves so they could go to heaven on the tail of a comet. The mirror is on the disinfo site, where many an interesting story is told.
- A cool place – exactly what you want in apocalyptic ravings.
- What happens after the end
- A site you won’t understand unless you read Icelandic (or something) – but it looks impressive. This Norwegian guy has got it worked out too, and in english, which is much easier for me.
- Book reviews of crazy books
- ‘Armageddon’ in the “eschatalogical glossary”, an excellent reference to clarify all your questions about the horsemen, the nations, the numbers…
- An ad for an apocalyptic video
- Another beautiful page of erudite end-times exhortations.
- Yahoo’s eschatology index. A mine of information…
- The world’s going to end. Short and simple, and Jewish
- An huge excellent tirade about the encroaching end. … This article spent weeks on my hallway wall.
- the paranoid conspiracy cosmic rapture 2000 page What more can I say?
- The 72 secret names of God. And you aren’t allowed to utter any of them! From the Deoxy site, referred to me by the most excellent people at mkzdk